Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Michaela Tremblay

Bonjour!

Being in France is amazing, it is so different from home in America. The people in Rennes are really nice and were very welcoming to us. People think people in France are stuck up, but not here. They are very friendly, and are patient with us when there is a communication problem. The sites are completely breathtaking. Here it is spring and everything is in bloom, it will be very hard to leave it all and go back to the snow.

Life here is a little challenging for me sometimes, because of the language barrier. At dinner some nights, everyone will start laughing so hard and because of the language difference I missed the joke, but I laugh along anyways. Sometimes they try to explain it to me, but the puns do not always translate correctly. I like those moments, because even though we cannot communicate clearly, they willingly try to help me and I have gotten close to many people here.

I have made many new friends. I will miss them all so much when I have to go home to America. I miss everyone at home, but I don't wanna leave France. Today we went to the movies with French students. And I bonded with my friends. The movie was in Spanish and had French sub-titles, so it was hard to understand. However, I understood more than I thought I would. I love France, and I am so glad we are here for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment