Sunday, February 27, 2011

J.Carroll

It's only the end of my first day home but I'm already missing France! I could not have imagined a better two weeks nor could I have imagined becoming so close with my host family within that short period of time. I was nervous that the language barrier would be too much to bear at first but it didn't take long to realize that as long as I was willing to try, my host family was willing to help. Everyone I met during our stay was so eager to learn about our culture and excited that we are interested in theirs. All in all, immersing ourselves in the French culture was the best possible experience and opportunity for us to learn the language. I am so thankful for Central putting this trip together and I hope this program continues for both Central students to visit France and Lycee de la Salle students to visit here (especially after hearing how much they want to visit here later this year)!

No comments:

Post a Comment